Criminal Defense

Rights Restoration Lawyer

Restoring your rights in arizonaRights Restore Logo

Rights Restore is a service offered by the Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC. We are dedicated to restoring our client’s rights and freedom. We help clients get back to their everyday lives, to their families, and their jobs. A felony conviction removes your civil rights to vote or run for office; it also affects your ability to own any type of firearm. Criminal records also negatively impact employment and educational opportunities; the ability to get professional licenses, housing opportunities, and a conviction may negatively influence loans or other financial opportunities.

If you already have a conviction on your record, Rights Restore has experience helping clients get their rights back and get their lives back.


Restoring Civil Rights

Arizona wants everyone to be able to rebuild their lives after a conviction. We can help tell your story so that you can achieve your dream to move forward with your life with the ability to exercise your right to vote, hold office, get a job, live in a better place, and serve on a jury in Arizona.

Restoring Gun Rights

Arizona has provisions to restore your gun rights, but the field is complicated and requires expert navigation. Your rights might be restored two years after your sentence is completed for most convictions. If you were convicted of a “serious offense” under section 13-604, there is a 10-year waiting period; and if your conviction was for a “dangerous offense,” you cannot restore your gun rights. Let us work with you to assess your case and determine if you can obtain a successful restoration of your gun rights.

Set Aside Convictions

In 2018, Arizona expanded the provisions that expand criteria for obtaining record set asides. If your conviction is set aside, you are released from the disabilities and penalties you faced due to the conviction. Our firm will look at your case and work with you to determine if your felony or misdemeanor conviction successfully meets these provisions.

Expunge Marijuana Arrests, Convictions, and Adjudications

In 2020, Arizona voters passed Proposition 207, which legalized the use of recreational marijuana for people 21 and older. The proposition adds a number of statutes to Arizona’s state laws, A.R.S. § 36-2682, which states that people who have been convicted of specific marijuana offenses may petition the court to have their records related to those offenses expunged or removed permanently from their record. The eligible offenses include the following:

  • Possession or consumption of two-and-one-half ounces or less of marijuana
  • Cultivating, transporting, possessing, or processing six or fewer marijuana plants in a private home
  • Possessing, transporting, or using drug paraphernalia that is associated with marijuana

Juvenile Rights

Set Aside Conviction

  • In the State of Arizona, if you receive a set aside of your conviction, you will be relieved of any penalties or disabilities that resulted from a juvenile adjudication. This is an option for some offenses not involving a weapon or serious physical injury, if you have completed the sentence, and are now over 18. To be eligible, you must have no adult convictions or pending charges. Contact us so we can help.

Destruction of Records

  • If you are at least 18 (or 25 for certain serious felonies), have no adult convictions or pending charges, and have completed all terms and conditions of your sentence in Arizona, destruction of records is available. The sealing destroys the records, but it does not relieve you of any penalties or disabilities that resulted from a juvenile adjudication.

Find out if you are eligible

Save time and money, figure out if you are eligible to have your rights restored with one consultation. To determine if we will be able to help you, please fill out our contact form, and the law firm will set up a free, confidential consultation. At that time, we can determine what your options are. Once you sign up, we will begin working on your case to get your rights restored. Rights Restore is based in the city of Tucson but provides services throughout all of Arizona.

Need your rights restored? Contact the Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC at (520) 251-9561 to speak to an Arizona rights restoration lawyer.

What can You expect to pay?

Rights Restore has established a reputation as an Arizona leader in restoring rights for our clients. We provide you with expert rights restoration services at a fixed price of $1,000 per conviction, covering everything from start to finish. We also offer discounted services for our veterans.

Our flat fee of $1,000 per conviction includes research, filing motions, court hearings, arguing or responding about your case to the prosecutor or judge.

Payment plans, credit or debit cards accepted.

Our focus is on providing you personal legal services that will help get your life back on track.

Why choose us?

  • We serve all of Arizona
  • We are timely
  • We are honest
  • We are accessible
  • Available 24/7

Let Us Fight For Your Future!

On Another Level When It Comes to Defense

What Sets The Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC Apart?
  • Available 24/7

    Our clients have easy access to Attorney Carlos Medina, especially when they need him.

  • Se Habla Español

    Our firm is bilingual-friendly. We welcome cases from Spanish-speaking clients.

  • Reasonable Fees

    All clients have different financial circumstances, and we are accommodating of that.

  • In-Person Consultations

    A free and confidential evaluation will be provided before we decide to take your case.