Arizona Extradition Laws

Tucson Extradition Lawyer Representing Clients Wanted in Another State or Country

Are you facing extradition from Arizona to another state or country? The Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC, represents clients at extradition hearings. If you are facing extradition and need a Tucson extradition attorney, contact our firm right away. We are available to address any of your questions or concerns about your case 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Call (520) 251-9561 to get started with your case and understand Arizona extradition laws. Free consultations are available to all clients.

What are Arizona Extradition Laws?

Extradition is the legal process in which a person wanted on a warrant is returned to the place where the warrant was issued. Under Arizona law (ARS 13-3842), the governor is required to extradite a person who is charged with a felony, treason, or another crime and has fled to evade justice.

Domestic extradition is between two states within the United States, while international extradition is between the United States and another country that has an extradition treaty with this country. Domestic extradition is governed by federal and state laws.

At The Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC, our Tucson extradition lawyer can help you make the best decision for your situation.

The Arizona extradition process has several steps including:

  • A formal request is made to Arizona from another state or country
  • The state reviews the paperwork and criminal charges
  • An arrest warrant is used by the governor and the person is arrested
  • A judge informs the accused of the charges and right to counsel
  • A hearing is held to determine the legality of the request

​​​​​​The defendant may either consent to the extradition and waive the hearing or fight the extradition request. If you plan to fight extradition, it is essential that you hire an experienced Tucson criminal defense lawyer. Attorney Carlos A. Medina will explain the extradition process and all possible outcomes to ensure that you are prepared for your hearing.

Waiving or Fighting Rendition in Arizona

The defendant has the option to waive the hearing and submit to the extradition or fight it. There are advantages and disadvantages to each and the right choice depends on the specific situation. Waiving rendition can be helpful in negotiating with prosecutors, but contesting can give your attorney more time to prepare your defense.

If you are facing extradition, call our office at (520) 251-9561 and schedule a free in-person consultation. Se habla español.

On Another Level When It Comes to Defense

What Sets The Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC Apart?
  • Available 24/7

    Our clients have easy access to Attorney Carlos Medina, especially when they need him.

  • Se Habla Español

    Our firm is bilingual-friendly. We welcome cases from Spanish-speaking clients.

  • Reasonable Fees

    All clients have different financial circumstances, and we are accommodating of that.

  • In-Person Consultations

    A free and confidential evaluation will be provided before we decide to take your case.