Tucson Probation Attorney

Accused of Violating Your Probation? Our Firm Can Help.

In Arizona, probations are taken very seriously and can be aggressively punished. If you are accused of violating probation, you should seek help from an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Tucson. At The Law Office of Carlos A. Medina, PLLC, we represent clients who are accused of probation violations.

We encourage you to contact our firm as soon as you know of the alleged violation to give us time to prepare your case and work to build a solid defense on your behalf.

If you are charged with violating probation, call (520) 251-9561 for legal assistance.

The Legal Process

When a person is sentenced to probation, he or she must comply with the terms laid out by the court. Should the individual commit a technical violation of probation or be arrested for another crime, the probation officer will file a notice with the court, and the person will be notified of the allegation, and a hearing will be scheduled. As soon as you receive this notice, contact a Tucson criminal defense lawyer.

The punishment for probation violations may include: 

  • The terms of the probation may be modified
  • Probation may be revoked and you could be sent to jail for the term of the original crime
  • The length of the prison sentence will depend on the classification of the original offense

If your probation is revoked, you could be sent to jail for a period of time that ranges from months to years, depending on the class of the misdemeanor or felony for the original charge. Even if you are not sent to jail, the term of your probation could be extended and you will have to live under the conditions of probation for a longer period of time.

Let Our Attorney Evaluate Your Case 

Our Tucson criminal defense attorney may be able to have the charges against you reduced or dismissed. Attorney Carlos A. Medina has successfully represented many clients in hearings.

We offer a free in-person consultation to discuss your case with our criminal defense attorney in Tucson. Contact us at (520) 251-9561 to learn about your options. We offer legal services in English and Spanish. 

Contact Us Today

Call (520) 251-9561 or fill out  the form below to get started.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy


  • If I’m innocent, do I really need an attorney?
    Guilt or innocence aside, your future is in jeopardy in the face of criminal allegations. You need an attorney who can protect your rights to show the judge and jury that you are innocent. Legal processes must be followed, and attempts by the prosecuting attorney and law enforcement to secure a conviction must be effectively countered. Even if you are innocent, you need a professional to handle your case.
  • What is a plea agreement? Should I accept it?
    A plea agreement typically involves lesser charges or punishment offered in exchange for a plea of guilty or no contest. Do not accept a plea offer without first talking to your attorney. You need to be certain that this is in your best interests. In some cases, a skilled criminal defense lawyer may be able to fight your charges and help you avoid a conviction altogether – which is far more advantageous than any plea agreement.
  • If I refuse to give a statement or answer a question, will I face criminal charges?
    As already mentioned, you have the right to remain silent. You can politely refuse to answer questions posed to you by a police officer, and you should not face criminal charges simply for exercising this right. Depending on the situation, however, you may still be arrested and taken into custody. Be sure to request to speak to your attorney, who may be able to challenge an unlawful arrest.
  • What are my rights if I'm arrested?
    If you’re arrested, you have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided to you. These rights are essential, as anything you say or do after you are taken into custody may be used against you in court. Exercise your rights and protect your interests.
  • Do I have to consent to a search of my home or vehicle?
    The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution offers protection against unreasonable searches and seizures. This means that law enforcement cannot simply search you or your property or make an arrest without probable cause. You have the right to refuse a law enforcement officer’s request to search your car or your home, but if they have a warrant or believe they have probable cause, they may be able to conduct a search. If you believe your property was illegally searched, an attorney can assess the situation and determine whether this can be used to your advantage in challenging your arrest or charges.